Monday, December 2, 2013

HOLA!!!!!!

This week has been very eventful!  So we have been working with Ana Maria, Claudia, and Camila.  They are so awesome, and are progressing so much!  This week we knew that we had changes on monday, but we were still working hard, like nothing was going to happen.

So on friday when my companion and I found out that we were both leaving our sector, it was kind of a shock.  I thought to myself "Why am I leaving?  I know this sector so well, and I can totally lead this sector."  My companion was really upset that I was leaving because he wanted me to take care of our families.  But we didnt know where we were going or who our companions were going to be.  But on Saturday we got a personal call from President Cook.  He talked with my companion for a little bit and then my companion said "He wants to talk with you....  I was thinking "Oh no what did I do wrong?"  I took the phone and said "Hi President."  He said "Elder Whiting!  Its good to talk to you.  I have an assignment for you."  He told me that there is a missionary in a sector that told president that he doesnt want to serve a mission any more.  His sector is dying, and he hates his mission.  He wants to go home.  So President told me "So I am sending you to him to help him, and to help the sector."  I thought to myself "Wow...  I only have 4 months in my mission....."  But the most overwhelming feeling of peace came over me.  It was so crazy.

So anyway about my new companion.  His name is Elder Bermeo, he is from Colombia, he has 2 sisters and 1 brother.  All of them are members, but both of his parents are not members.  They dont support him on his mission, and they dont want him to be here.  He served in the military for 1 year before his mission.  He doesnt like gringos...  But the funny thing is, he was in my district before, and me and him get along so well!  

About the sector that we will be working in.  It is called Nocedal.  In the beginging of the year it had 88 people attending sacrament.  Now they have 32...  They have a new bishop, and he is fighting with the members in the ward.  

I am so excited to work with Elder Bermeo, and I cannot wait to start working!  We are going to work so hard!  But I know it is going to be really hard at first.  Me and Elder Gonzalez gave all of our families to the two new missionaries in our sector.  

I love you guys and miss you guys a lot!  But I am loving my mission!!!!!

Chow

Elder Whiting

No comments:

Post a Comment