Monday, October 14, 2013

How to do missionary work--use the Bishop!

Hola Mom!  

How was being at home in Utah?  How is the ward?  How is everybody doing at home?  Every week passes by so fast.  I have no idea what to write...  haha.  Oh cool fact, I was on TV.  Haha

So this week was pretty boring until Saturday.  Saturday was probably the best day of my mission yet.  So in the morning of saturday, me and my comp called the bishop to let him know that there was going to be a baby blessing.  We were talking with him for a little while, when he asked "What are you guys doing today?"  We said that we were going to teach some families in his area.  He then said "Can I come with you guys?"  We flipped!  We were so excited!  So he came with us from 4pm to 8pm.  It was so awesome!  He was so enthusiastic with all of our less active families, and 2 investgators!  It was so incredible!  We taught 5 lessons with him.  We taught 2 investigators, and 3 less active families.  It was such a good day.  He was so warm and friendly with all of the people we were teaching.  He was also really impressed with how we taught.  He said "We need to do this more often."  Well duhhhhhh!!!!!  HAHA  It was so awesome!  So this sunday, we had 5 less active families, and 1 investigator come to church!  It was so awesome!  Our ward had the biggest attendance of members this year, at 134 members!  It has been such a good week.  

Last night we taught the Familia Oses!  It was such a good lesson.  We taught them about the doctrine of Chirst...  It has now become my favorite subject to study!  I love it because it teaches the doctrine in such simple terms.  Anyway, the lesson was really good.  Oh course for the first 30 minutes we cracked walnuts.  It is supprisingly fun.  After the lesson Hermano Oses hugged me and kissed me on the cheek....  A little weird, but that is what they do here...  haha.  Oh and fun fact for you guys.  Missionaries here are allowed to kiss women on the cheek for the first few visits.  Because it is really disrespectful if you dont.  So everytime you meet a new woman, she kisses you on the cheek....  I feel so weird though.... 

I was thinking, and I havent really told you guys very much about my mission or my area.  I am currently serving in the area San Bernardo, I am in the Quimey Ward.  We currently have 4 missionaries in this ward, but this next change we are getting 6.  Weird..  They are going to be hermanas.  But the hermanas are only allowed to go to one place in our ward.  It is the richer area... And their house is 2 stories tall....  Dang hermanas.  Anyway.  My comp and me have the biggest area in the mission.  We walk so much every day, and take buses and taxis all the time.  We have one of the more ghetto areas in the mission.  The chapel is about a 5 minute walk from our house.  We have about 140 missionaries rightnow in the mission, but by the end of the year we are going to have 250.  Crazy...  

Anyway.... Thanks for all of the emails, and thanks for everything mom!  I love you guys and miss you guys a bunch!  I wish I could skype with you guys, but it will come soon enough!  I love you!

Chow

Elder Whiting


No comments:

Post a Comment